Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Men Have It!: 2009 CFDA Awards

Usually, when I review an event, I find my-self taken by all the beautiful outfits the fabulous women in attendance have concocted; fascinated by shoes, bags, jewels, and furs. That preoccupation often leaves the men, flying staggeringly below the radar. But this year's CFDA event proved, once again, that there is a first time for everything. 

While I can't begin to understand the pressure that dressing for CFDA awards brings, I was colossally disappointed with the frocks, New York's finest dawned. I was however, delighted to find that the gentlemen pulled up the slack. They were dapper, quirky, tailored, and even amusing! So much so, that they swept my favorites list, crushing the opposite sex's competition. 

Congratulations men! To my ladies: There's always next year. 

Accessory Designers of the Year Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler.

Agyness Deyn.

Zoe Saldana, in Calvin Klein Collection, with Francisco Costa.

Taylor Lautner, in Calvin Klein Collection.

Ashkey Olsen. 

Lydia Hearst, in Marc Bouwer.

Vera Wang, in her own design.

Rachel Roy, in her own design and jewelry by Kimberly McDonald,
 with Bergdorf Goodman's Roopal Patel, in Jason Wu.

Rogan Gregory with Style.com's Dirk Standen.

Arlenis Sosa, in Emanuel Ungaro, with Esteban Cortazar.

Jeff Halmos and Sam Shipley.

Andrew Bolton and Christian Cota

Photos from style.com. Taken by Sherly Rabbani and Josephine Solimene

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

"All in good taste." - Me

Blogs Of The Moment

If Pandora Could Read My Mind

  • Ain't No Sunshine (ft. Tracy Chapman) - Buddy Guy
  • At Last - Beyonce
  • At Last - Etta James
  • Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
  • Best for Last - Adele
  • Brand New Day - Van Morrison
  • Can't Take My Eyes off of You - Lauryn Hill
  • Crazy for You - Adele
  • Cry To Me - Solomon Burke
  • Daughters (Live) - John Mayer
  • Diary (ft. Tony! Toni! Tone!) - Alicia Keys
  • Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
  • Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill
  • Dreaming With a Broken Heart - John Mayer
  • Fool That I Am (Live) - Adele
  • FU-GEE-LA - The Fugees
  • Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
  • Having A Party - Sam Cooke
  • I Gotta A Woman - Ray Charles
  • I Gotta Find Peace of Mind (Live) - Lauryn Hill
  • I'm Gonna Find Another You - John Mayer
  • If I Was Your Woman - Alicia Keys
  • Landslide - Dixie Chicks
  • Let's Stay Together - Al Green
  • Nothing Can Change This Love - Sam Cooke
  • Rock Me Baby - B.B. King
  • Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
  • Stay With You - John Legend
  • Stronger Than Me - Amy Winehouse
  • Syrup & Honey - Duffy
  • The Long Way Home - Norah Jones
  • The Sweetest Thing - Lauryn Hill
  • The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
  • These Arms of Mine - Otis Redding
  • What a Wonderful World - Sam Cooke